Haven Health has an opportunity for an administrator to join our busy practice support team. The role is offered on a part-time basis, for 20 hours a week, and we can be flexible over the days and times that those hours are worked.
The administrator will be responsible for various administrative duties and will be accountable to the practice operations manager and partners. They will work closely with all members of the practice to meet agreed partnership aims and objectives within a profitable, efficient, safe and effective working environment, whilst maintaining a happy and committed team.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- managing and chasing up incoming claims and forms for medical information from private companies, e.g. insurance companies, DVLA, or patient requests;
- communicating with patients, for example when payment is needed and when work is complete;
- managing requests regarding subject access rights (SARS) and patient online access;
- allocating the completion of medical reports and private medical examinations to the appropriate GPs, in a fair manner;
- scanning all incoming correspondence;
- filing and retrieving paperwork;
- clinical system rotas.
For further information, please see the attached job description.
All applicants should have/be:
- A good standard of general education including literacy and numeracy skills;
- Willingness to undertake training where required;
- IT literate: sound keyboard and computer skills including use of Microsoft Office and nhs.net email;
- Ability to operate office equipment such as telephones, photocopiers and scanners;
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to check and re-check work, to ensure high levels of accuracy;
- Ability to work on repetitive and regular tasks;
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and cope with high volumes of work;
- Problem-solving skills;
- Someone who likes a challenge;
- Enthusiastic and committed;
- Experience of working with SystmOne, ideally, although training will be given.
Haven Health is located in Felixstowe, within easy access of Ipswich (20 minutes).
The successful candidate will be employed by Suffolk Primary Care, an innovative partnership of likeminded Suffolk GP surgeries, covering 130,000 patients. Doctors and practice staff share resources and work together to ensure patients continue to receive high quality healthcare. Suffolk Primary Care is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in employment. Applicants will ideally be fully vaccinated against Covid.
Benefits of working for SPC include:
- NHS Pension Scheme
- The NHS Pension Scheme is a defined benefits scheme
- Life insurance
- Family benefits including an adult dependents pension and children’s pension
- Ill health benefits
- 20% employer contribution
- Electric Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- No deposit
- No credit check
- Fully comprehensive insurance
- Servicing and tyres
- Breakdown cover
- Up to £2,000 contribution from SPC subject to conditions
- Proper Pay
- Living Wage Foundation Accredited
- GP Remote Working
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Health Service Discounts
- Annual Leave - Minimum 33 days, including bank holidays, FTE, with enhancements for long service
- Enhanced maternity & paternity terms
- High street discounts through our own online portal
- Technology and homewares salary sacrifice schemes with Currys and John Lewis
- Cycle to work salary sacrifice scheme
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
Please note this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.