Barista - Store# 49724, West Bromwich DT
Brand Starbucks Coffee Company
Location West Bromwich - Birmingham Rd (Store# 49724) Birmingham Road West Midlands B71 4JH
Take your place at the heart of our community. At Starbucks, where your voice matters and your passion for customer service is brewed into everything we do. We’ve got an exciting opportunity for you to join us as a barista. Being at the forefront of our community, you’ll get involved in creating our Starbucks experience by providing our customers with high quality service, beverages and products, whilst creating our third place environment. We want you to be your true authentic self at work and that’s why you’ll also have access to our partner networks, because here you belong.
You don’t need previous experience to join our team as a barista, all we ask is you bring a passion for bringing joy to our customers. Working in a Starbucks store is different from any other job. You’re creating genuine moments of connection with our customers and making a difference to their day, through creating handcraft delicious beverages and building relationships with our customers (getting to know their favourite drink), and with your fellow partners in store.
The best part about this role is that no two days are ever the same! Working in one of our dynamic stores, a typical day could include:
- Supporting with store procedures including, opening or closing the store, cash handling, and safety and security
- Supporting your fellow partners during periods of high volume to keep the store operating
- Anticipating and delivering on your customer and store needs by getting to know your store environment and customers
- Supporting in creating the third place environment during each shift
- Delivering legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and creating genuine connections
- Maintaining a clean and organised workspace for your customers and partners
- Providing quality beverages, whole bean and food products consistently for all customers in line with our recipe and presentation standards
Given the nature of our stores, our working hours could include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
All our retail store partners begin their careers with us by undertaking an introductory training programme which are led by our amazing in store trainers and coaches and are designed to immerse you in the Starbucks culture and set you up for success. These training programmes are delivered in our stores and provide partners with the opportunity to learn on the job supported by their manager.
In return, we’ll offer you a competitive starting salary (in line with the national living wage) and benefits that include:
- 28 days holiday a year (including Bank Holidays) + an additional special day for you to take to celebrate a special moment in your life each year
- Free drinks and food when you’re on shift
- Bean stock options for all partners (own part of Starbucks!)
- Comprehensive training (including coffee knowledge!) and access to Starbucks Global Academy (our online learning platform to help continuously develop yourself)
- A free bag of coffee each week and a 30% partner discounts on food, beverages, and merchandise
- Discounts with local and national retailers (cell phones, gym memberships, entertainment tickets, hotels, etc.) through Perks at Work platform
- Life assurance
- Home Sweet Loan (Interest-free loans that can be paid back over 12 months to help pay your rental deposit)
- A free 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme available to you and your family
- Recognition schemes and monetary awards for long service, WOWing customers and your fellow partners
- Great long-term career opportunities in store and support center
So, if you’re looking for a new opportunity, with us you’ll be welcomed, you’ll be challenged, you’ll be inspired. Here you’ll be heard. Because here, you’re a part of it all. Here you belong.
What is our process?
Application > CV review > interview and in store experience > offer and onboarding
Starbucks is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All applicants and partners will be treated fairly, without regard to race, religion, sex, nationality, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity and expression.
Know someone who would be a perfect fit? Share this opportunity with them! At Starbucks, there’s always room for one more
Job Number: 180002532