The client is a rapidly expanding management and technical consultancy specialising in helping government and public sector company deliver complex projects to challenging timescales. They work on a wide range of IT projects, with areas of expertise in cyber security, mission critical communications, analytics and agile processes.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to provide support to a wide range of high-profile organisations. Your expertise will enable them to protect their ICT investments, and in doing so play a key role in nationally critical projects which make a real difference to people's everyday lives.
You will work either individually or part of a larger team and will undertake a number of varying consultancy assignment. This could range from developing security architectures, to providing guidance on GRC activities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing security expertise for procurements and Agile programs to ensure secure solution delivery.
- Identifying, analyzing and evaluating information risks across a range of programs, projects and systems.
- Explaining to risk owner and other stakeholders the causes, likelihood and business impacts of information risks.
- Identifying and presenting options for treating and transferring information risks.
- Supporting the development of security assurance documentation.
- Developing or reviewing new security architectures.
- Providing consultancy to customers on information assurance and architectural problems.
- Scoping security testing activities and explaining the results and solutions.
- Conducting security mentoring and investigating security incidents.
In accordance with current guidelines, the location of this role will be split between home or remote working, office based and client site. Longer term, you will typically work on client sites, with other projects members including client staff, suppliers and your colleagues. Client site work will require regular travel within the UK.
- 2 years + experience of complex ICT systems in a technical delivery or consulting role.
- Good understanding of enterprise information and communications technology.
- Strong ability to present and justify conclusions to stakeholders and project teams.
- Willingness to travel (UK based).
- Eligible and willing to gain UK security clearance.
- Degree educated.
- Structured security frameworks (HMG SPF etc).
- Security, technical and enterprise methods.
- Technical risk assessments
- Software development and delivery.
- ICT service delivery, including ITIL.
- Enterprise security packages, security enforcing software and devices
- STEM or security-based degree.
- Experience within the defence and or UK public sector.
Job Owner: c.rogers (28896)