Do you have experience working within a school environment, overseeing examinations? We are currently looking to appoint an Examinations Officer to join our thriving academy in supporting the management and organisation related to scheduled and mock examinations at Harris Academy Tottenham .
At Harris Academy Tottenham, we instil an ethos of hard work, dedication and commitment to learning, through our Academy values. These are:
To ENDEAVOUR is to strive for your goals, through maintaining the highest expectations of ourselves.
To ENJOY is to take delight and pleasure in the learning process; To gain a feeling of success through relentless passion and drive.
To EXCEL is to achieve your full potential, through mastery of concepts and an ambition to be the best you can be.
At Harris Academy Tottenham, we are innovative, open and collaborative. We would like fellow innovators, passionate pedagogists and creative class leaders to join us during this exciting time. With a dedicated SLT team on hand for support and guidance, there are a multitude of CPD opportunities to thrive on. You can expect to be a part of a fantastic team of dedicated teachers and support staff as well as an attentive, supportive work culture.
Our brand-new facilities allow us to continue expanding our curriculum offer, ensuring students experiences are both varied and enriching. The premises has undergone a comprehensive programme of refurbishment, and reached completion in May 2019. Our new Sports Block opened in May 2019, and has fantastic facilities including a Sports Hall, Activity Studio, Multi Use Game Areas.
Having been recognised as ‘Outstanding’ by OFSTED in January 2023, we are excited to have new members of staff join us in delivering transformative learning experiences. The inspectors commented that ‘learning is the business of the day’ and that sentiment underpins all that we do. Since then, the school continues to grow and strive for the highest standards.
“At our Academy, children will develop their academic scholarship alongside their character; becoming citizens who are a credit to their local community. We provide an extensive extracurricular programme to allow students to develop as a well-rounded person, ready and prepared to embark upon whichever pathway they desire. That is only possible through the partnership that exists between families and colleagues and partners at the academy. We are incredibly proud of the close relationships that develop between colleagues, parents, governors and pupils, and indeed they are central to all that we do.” Nick Soar, Executive Principal
Main Areas of Responsibility
Your duties will include:
Qualifications & Experience
- Responsibility for all public examinations and internal assessments from organisation of entries, organisation of examination sessions and all communications with examination boards
- Liaison between exam boards and Directors of Learning or senior leadership teams
- Circulation of information and instructions from examination boards to all relevant staff
- Planning an annual calendar of external and internal examinations and distributing this to the leadership team
- Recruitment, induction, training and deployment of invigilators
- Checking and overseeing distribution of certificates
- Providing facilities for external students if appropriate
- Organising appropriate support for candidates with special needs
- Collecting syllabus requirements, entries coursework marks and estimated grades from Directors of Learning
- Checking that sufficient quantities of papers are ordered and received, and that procedures for storage of papers are adhered to
- Liaison with relevant staff to ensure halls are set up appropriately
- Setting up the examination room provision, including any equipment required
- Collecting scripts and keeping securely until sent to examination board
- Keeping certificates of posting and other important certification relating to security of examinations
- Collection, collation and distribution of examination results to Principal and students
- Processing special consideration requests as required
- Keeping accurate accounts of any fees paid by students
- Providing entries lists to relevant staff for checking
- Creating and distributing examination timetable showing dates, times and locations
- Ensuring all students are given their statements of entry and are informed of the dates and times of their examinations
We would like to hear from you if you have:
- English and Mathematics GCSE or equivalent
- Degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of the examination system and procedures
- Knowledge of Microsoft software
- Knowledge of National curriculum
- Three years’ experience of working in an inner-city school or educational establishment
- Experience in a similar role
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Job Pack.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact us via e-mail, or call to arrange a conversation.
Before applying, please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your application.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received and we reserve the right to offer to a candidate prior to the closing date. We only accept applications submitted online via our careers website and which are completed before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible and advise you check the job information as per the listing on our careers site.
Professional Development & Benefits
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level.
In addition to the opportunities for career development and progression, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions, a Wellbeing Cash Plan including access to a virtual GP, electric car scheme, and many other benefits. Learn more about our benefits on our website.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
We value the diversity of our staff and students, and everyone at the Harris Federation is equally valued and respected. We aim to be an inclusive employer that reflects the communities we serve. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment.
Job Reference: HF04056-HATO