InterDigital develops mobile and video technologies that are at the core of devices, networks, and services worldwide. We solve many of the industry’s most critical and complex technical challenges, inventing solutions for more efficient broadband networks, better video delivery, and richer multimedia experiences years ahead of market deployment. InterDigital has licenses and strategic relationships with many of the world’s leading technology companies. Founded in 1972, InterDigital is listed on NASDAQ (IDCC) and is included in the S&P MidCap 400® index. For more information, visit www.interdigital.com.
InterDigital is seeking to add a Senior Manager/Director to its award-winning Wireless R&D Labs in London (UK). The role will be to support research and development on advanced wireless systems (Beyond 5G). The role will involve active creation of intellectual property, contribution to standards organizations such 3GPP and IETF, participation in collaborative R&D projects, and dissemination in scientific and industry forums and consortia. The role will demand excellent technical expertise, relationship management and proven communication and collaboration skills. In addition, the role will involve supporting outreach to the local and international research communities.
- Lead a small team of world class researchers in areas of 5G/B5G research & standardization
- Drive research and standardization agenda in alignment with company technology roadmap
- Take lead on collaboration and proposal activities in your area of technology leadership
- Develop & oversee the development of high-quality patents, publication & standards contributions
- Manage the development of prototype platforms and support demonstration at tradeshow events
- Support mentoring, development, goal setting/tracking, reviews of direct reporting staff
- Represent department at both internal/external events and worldwide speaking engagement
- Work closely with direct management in technology planning and strategic planning initiatives
- Advanced degrees in EEE, CS or similar. PhD preferred; strong MSc candidates with equivalent accumulated academic or industrial experience will also be considered
- Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate solid experience (minimum 15 Years) in designing and developing technologies and protocols for wireless systems
- Prior management experience of small to mid-size research teams is required
- Deep knowledge in one more technology area, such as: cellular core networking, internet technologies, cloud native, edge/fog computing, AI/ML, quantum technologies
- Proven track record with patent and publications is essential
- Ideal candidates will have experience with research, standards and lab prototyping
- Knowledge and proven record of success with European (e.g. Horizon 2020, CELTIC) and national research and funding programs as well as contacts to local players, both academic as well as industrial is important
- A high level of independence, autonomy or self-management is required
- English language fluency is required
- International travel will be required
- Position will report directly to the Vice President of the Wireless Technologies and Partnerships Lab.
Location: London, UK
InterDigital is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, immigrant status, military status, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and/or expression), pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, atypical heredity cellular or blood trait, marital status, family status, domestic partner or civil union status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, assignments, evaluations, coaching, promotion, discipline, discharge and layoff.