We are seeking a Senior Civil Engineer – Infrastructure to join AKT II in our London office.
AKT II works on many structural projects both inside and outside of the UK. You can see some examples of our high profile work, right here: https://akt-uk.com/projects
Roles and Responsibilities
Responsible for Civil Engineering design of projects, from inception to completion in commercial, health, retail, industrial, education and other sectors. Current projects are based in the UK and internationally.
The role requires producing the detailed design to meet with design and construction programmes, liaising with other disciplines and ensuring the co-ordination of design and detailing work appropriate to the project.
Reporting to Associate/Associate Director, as a Senior Engineer responsibilities shall include, but shall not be limited to the following.
- Acting independently to investigate solutions, you will explore options, work closely with partners and peers alike in order to develop and communicate design solutions.
- Preparation of detailed design drawings and specifications for Tender purposes.
- Responding to client requests for information.
- Attendance at Design Team meetings with Clients, other design collaborators and communicate design ides through sketches, models and presentations.
- Assist in the production of Construction information for issue to Contractors.
- Co-ordinate design information with Engineers of other disciplines
- With the support of the Team Leader, provide technical guidance and mentoring to junior members of the team.
- Where appropriate, facilitate and organise meetings and CPD training events to contribute to your own development and the development of others.
- Support and participate in AKT II’s Technical agenda.
- Day-to-day support to colleagues from other disciplines within the office.
- Attend team meetings with both internal and external disciplines.
- Sound and proven knowledge and experience of Civil Engineering design in drainage and highways.
- Experience in other areas such as traffic assessment and geotechnics would also be beneficial.
- Computer literate with knowledge of design and analysis programmes, in particular Civls3D.
- AutoCAD/Civil3D knowledge would be beneficial
- Understanding of the CDM Regulations and designer’s responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- The ability to design and deliver structural solutions on major and/or complex projects.
- Aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive.
- A good understanding of multidisciplinary requirements into coordinated solutions.
- Inquisitive, creative, solution-orientated designer. You will be a collaborative, persuasive and engaging individual who gives their all to ensure the client is happy and that the solution is high-quality and practical.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills, with the ability to balance tasks and prioritise to meet strict deadlines.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good degree in Civil Engineering
- Experience, competency and flexibility to rise to challenging situations and take care on responsibility appropriate to their capability.
- Proven experience appropriate to a Senior Engineer.
What’s in it for you?
The chance to work for an innovative, design-led company based in Shoreditch, London plus a friendly, dedicated team and a competitive salary. You’ll receive AKT II’s many employee benefits including a vibrant social calendar, with many company-funded events and activities.