What if your expertise could help someone, somewhere, to live a better life?
Helping children living with juvenile idiopathic arthritis to communicate their pain, giving people with psoriasis their confidence back, shocking 2.3 million HCPs into taking action against second heart attacks to proving to the world that eczema isn’t a skin condition.
Havas Lynx Group is a creative communications agency dedicated to changing the way the world does healthcare communications for the better. We are committed to bringing about change. Change informed by experience, driven by innovation and proven in delivery. We work alongside healthcare professionals, patients, carers, and pharmaceutical brands to overcome the complex challenges of modern healthcare. Our work blends strategic insight and deep scientific understanding with creativity and digital innovation, delivering healthcare campaigns and solutions that really make a difference to people’s lives.
We’re a team of over 500+ people in Manchester and London, with a history of over 35 years and an ever-evolving future. You can get a feel for the #LYNXLife via YouTube, #LYNXLife playlist, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Everything this company achieves, every life it saves, every penny it makes, every policy it changes, every award it wins, is down to everyone that works here.
As the Senior Medical Writer you will produce appropriately formatted copy which is suitable for use across a range of media.
You will work collaboratively with internal teams to add significant value - applying the benefit of your experience in order to guide projects, ensuring any copy produced by you and your team is appropriate to the brief and of a high quality.
You will work with the Accounts team to front client relations as appropriate, ensuring the Copy function is represented appropriately at all times and will mentor more junior writers.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Generate original content to be used within a range of media and for a range of audiences, in line with the relevant code of practice and brand communication objectives
- Input to the development of strategy, advising on all scientific elements to ensure a response that is appropriate to the needs of the target audience, enhancing credibility
- Ensure all copy produced is in line with the overarching strategy of the campaign
- Produce and edit copy into the correct format for use across various media as appropriate, drawing on your experience to consider the suitability of UX and project flow
- Understand the clients’ needs both now and in the future and develop an offering to suit this
- Continually develop your writing style, honing approach and ability to tailor copy tone, enabling effective communication with a range of audiences
- Support the development of new business through involvement in new business proposals, workshops and pitches
- Take the lead on client brand activity, be the ‘go-to’ writer across a number of clients and therapy areas
- Understand the requirements of other teams in terms of how copy should be best delivered – proactively seek to improve process wherever possible
- Ensure work is completed to a high standard and within the agreed timescale. Where necessary, request additional time to ensure that you and your team are able to produce work to the required standard
- Attend client meetings as required, acting with integrity at all times
- Actively participate in scientific discussions on both an internal and external basis
- Contribute to pitch activity acting as lead for the Copy team
- Maintain a strong awareness of the progress of the projects with which you are associated, proactively providing guidance when needed
What we’d like to see from you:
- 2 + years experience as a Medical writer in an agency setting ideally across creative medical writing
- Experience working with global pharmaceutical companies and creative brief's
- Experience working directly with clients
- Some mentoring or management expertise or willingness to do so
What you can expect from us
A supportive and challenging environment in which you will have the opportunity to learn, grow, and make an impact that matters. We put a huge investment into #LYNXLife and our #LXAcademy internal programmes. It’s a unique initiative that aims to reward hard work, reduce pressures, and ensure that we can all enjoy our time at Lynx. Our strategy is to build capabilities internally and inspire the best talent, so we can continue to deliver on our mission.
You can also expect a whole host of benefits, including:
- Hybrid Working
- 28 days annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance connected to length of service (with the option to buy more, or sell)
- Early Friday finish throughout the year
- Extra early Friday finish during summer months
- Late Monday start during winter months
- Wellness Wednesdays with extended lunch hours
- Wellbeing programme – yoga, football, running club, hiking and more
- Season ticket interest free loans for travel
- #LXAcademy – our huge bespoke training programme for personal and professional development
- Life insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Medicash healthcare benefit
- Enhanced parental return to work scheme
- Fully paid for, company parties and socials!
Get in touch to find out how we can make an impact that matters together.