Our client is a decision support firm helping our clients with strategic insights and foresights to improve their assumptions and hence enabling them to make better decisions.
Core specialities include market research (qualitative & quantitative), competitive intelligence (primary intelligence & secondary), market access, pricing and reimbursement.
The VP of Market Research will report to the President. This is effectively head of the practice role with a seat at the table and partnership track.
You will be required to have good interpersonal skills to build relationships with their teams and their clients. This is a commercial role so individuals must be entrepreneurial with strong strategic thinking. Creativity, innovation and flexibility are all important aspects of this role which will enable an individual to succeed. Therefore, the candidate should be already well established in market research with a proven track record in selling and delivering international ad-hoc market research.
Ideally you will have built a market research team for both qualitative and quantitative research. You should have a good grasp of AsiaPac/EU/US healthcare systems. This will be backed up by a broad network of industry contacts.
You will have a direct responsibility for bringing sizeable revenue to your current company - approximately over £1M annually
In this role you are expected to:
- Build and commercially develop a portfolio of global pharmaceutical companies where you will be responsible for the building up the ‘Quantitative Practice’ via business development and delivery of market research project.
- Proposal writing
- Occasional project management – emergency cover
- Spend 70% of time on selling, 25% building the market research practice and 5% admin/misc
- Manage a small team where you will have responsibility for the delivery of projects that are commissioned through your group
- Recruit and train new and existing staff
- Develop new offerings in your area
- Advance degree in Statistics (preferably PhD) with relevant market research and marketing experience (Combined Lifescience first degree and – Psychology and Psychometrics))
- 15+ years of experience as a high end ad-hoc international market research professional from the agency side
- Fluency in another main European language would be an added advantage – German, Italian, French and Spanish
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience of selling ad-hoc market research and/or business consulting where you will have gained a detailed understanding of the selling, scoping, proposal writing, and project management and delivery of projects
- A proven track record in the delivery of new revenue through both account management and new business development
- Relationships and good rapport with top 20 pharma, top 10 biotech and other healthcare companies would be a bonus
- effective presentation skills
- Strong team player and team builder
- Flexibility to travel (20-40% of your time)
- MD and MBA or PhD and MBA from tier universities (PhD must be in life science area)
- Previously held project management responsibilities
- Previously mentored and developed young talents
- Previously worked at leading ad-hoc market research agencies