Nectar Imports (part of Asahi UK) are the South's leading drinks distributor to the On Trade. Leading with Asahi’s range of Super Premium brands, Nectar will be the leading composite supplier of premium drinks to the Free On Trade in the South of England. Backed up by the best industry service standards you will find, Nectar really do deliver more and have an enviable reputation.
Asahi UK (AUK), part of Asahi Europe & International Ltd, aims to enrich consumer experiences through innovation, high-quality service and an exceptional portfolio of premium beer, ale and cider brands including, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Asahi Super Dry, Meantime, Fuller’s London Pride and Cornish Orchards. Our aim is to be the leading super premium beer business in the UK, through a brand mix that creates a compelling proposition. At AUK we operate as an end-to-end business unit responsible for sales, marketing, customer operations, production, supply chain and wholesale operations in the UK & Ireland.
Warehouse Deputy Team Leader
Asahi UK are currently recruiting for a Warehouse Deputy Team Leader to join Nectar Imports in Hindon, Salisbury.
The Deputy Warehouse Team Leader is responsible for picking orders for the following day’s deliveries ensuring the site is clean and tidy. To ensure the warehouse operates in a safe and efficient manner and to maintain co-operative working relationships with all team members and colleagues. In the Warehouse Team Leader’s absence, the Deputy Team Leader will manage the team, ensuring performance by motivating team members to work to the best of their ability.
This role is part of our early shift team and working hours are 5am until 2pm, Monday to Friday.
- Accurately pick allocated orders for the following day’s deliveries. Each product has a unique pick location which should be used to pick each SKU required, ensuring the following steps are adhered to:
- Check the physical SKU is correct against the scanner
- Pick the required quantity (always level pick)
- Confirm both are correct.
- Pick onto pallets ensuring the order is stacked correctly and safely. If picking multiple orders, pick these into columns for ease at the delivery point.
- Wrap pallets in a cost-efficient manner ensuring all stock is kept safe for storage or transportation.
- Ensure the warehouse is kept clean and tidy, to include:
- Using the bailer to recycle to Plastic and Cardboard;
- Sweeping the warehouse including aisles and within Pick Faces;
- Dusting the stock and barriers within the warehouse to help reduce dust.
- Daily litter pick around the site, completing the daily sign-off sheet.
- Ensure any broken cases are cleaned to remove any traces of glass and then sorted and logged onto the breakages sheet.
- Ensure Health & Safety procedures are followed.
- Perform any other tasks as may be reasonably required and consistent with the duties of the position e.g. making occasional customer deliveries or carrying out maintenance jobs.
- Assist with the unloading / loading of supplier’s vehicles, ensuring you have supporting paperwork that corresponds to the items.
- Check the stock coming onto the site in preparation for Put away. The following checks are required on ALL items against our Purchase Order ‘PO’:
- Condition, noting any items not fit for resale;
- Date Check (no less than 3 months for Kegs and 6 months for Packaged);
- Any discrepancies must be noted on the supplier’s paperwork and our Purchase Order.
- Replenish stock from stock located with the Racks to the Pick Face.
- Load any vehicles as required.
- Assist in yard duties to cover absence.
- Shunt vehicles
Additional Responsibilities to be carried out in Team Leader’s absence:
- Working alongside your colleagues you will ensure that you have the correct staff hours allocated to the task and you will move people throughout the duration of the shift to ensure you are maximising productivity.
- Ensure your team receives regular feedback on their performance, positive and constructive and use this information to help lift individuals. Motivation is key - each employee must feel valued.
- Communication is an important part of the role and you will ensure that handovers and team briefs are managed professionally and regularly so as to ensure everyone has the information they need to do their job. Report any issues directly to the Warehouse Manager.
- Control all warehouse operations and ensure the warehouse team is working in a safe and efficient manner whilst maintaining a co-operative relationship with other warehouse staff, and personnel from other departments.
- Pre-pick for the late shift to enable them to achieve their targets.
- Create routes in QS and build into a load plan that is in sequence to the delivery route set by Paragon with weights distributed evenly across the bed of the lorry ensuring the vehicle axels are not overloaded.
- Ensure stock is kept safe and in the best possible condition ensuring sell-by date rotation at ALL times.
- Ensure that any non-receipted stock that has been delivered is checked again LIVE orders awaiting dispatch and, if required, check and receipt stock through the goods in procedure.
- Ensure the shift’s cleaning routines are completed and all breakages are processed correctly.
Skills required for this role:
- Strong people management skills with proven experience in a supervisory role (s).
- At least 3 years’ experience of working within a small team in a warehouse environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A developed awareness of Health & Safety considerations in a warehouse environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Forklift licence an advantage.
- Knowledge or Warehouse management Systems and advantage.
We are committed to nurturing a workplace where we celebrate and respect difference, and support everyone to be true to who they are! At Asahi Europe and International we believe you can SHINE AS YOU ARE - no matter your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion, or beliefs. We want to support you to be courageous in your individuality and to know that whoever you are and whatever your circumstances, you can belong with us without having to conform.